Many Inventors trying to make their product ideas to push are totally crushed by rejection. So, I thought I would supply a list of some of this reasons you really can have gotten cast off. It does not cover every reason you could get rejected, but hopefully it will give you something to think about.
You want realize that inventing is fundamentally a numbers gameplay! Yes, you still need to own a good idea but you will discover that no matter how to patent a product good an idea you might imagine it is that you may still get rejected. Many marketable ideas are rejected all period. Even if it does not make sense to you that they reject a strategy that they agree that i see profitable. Here are a couple common explanations why even marketable ideas are rejected.
1. The company may already have a complete collection of services not seeking add very much more.
2. The product is outside their marketplace.
3. You sent your submission towards wrong an associate the company – don’t assume they’ll automatically send it right one.
4. You sent one does this program unsolicited without contacting firm first to find out their submission policy, in addition they rejected it solely on that essence.
5. You didn’t have proper contact information on your submission move. (That is one of the most mistakes Inventors make. Corporation will not bother to you on paper.)
6. They have too many similar services that market is flooded proper.
7. Your idea appeals to a little niche market and besides mass market items.
8. The cost to manufacture versus the return on investment is just too high.
9. Income sheet never did WOW them and lacked consumer benefits information or was overloaded with significantly information to sort because of.
10. Goods has already been patented by someone else and want to ascertain if they might go around it or risk infringement problems.
11. Goods or idea isn’t much better than what is already on the. This tells them you didn’t research your idea well and do not need a clue who competition is in the market.
12. You sent a product that is strictly like their current product and that current device is a marginal seller. So yours won’t fare much better.
13. Your idea is outdated or possibly on the downswing in order to what is departing from out a year later.
14. They have a better solution than yours in the works for release that coming . (This is also where Inventors may scream the company stole their idea regardless of whether the company has already invested in molds, engineering, samples, etc prior to the Inventor contacting the company about their idea. Transpires a significant. Inventors forget that they are not the sole ones creating.)
15. They have already received a comparable idea from another Inventor and are developed in negotiations with that Inventor.
16. An individual posted your idea unprotected online inside a of those invention posting sites where others vote on goods to check if there is interest. Your public disclosure makes the company concerned whether any patent protection will be allowed and turns it down depending that give.
17. You posted your unprotected idea and video of the significant prototype online and possess a significant connected with hits. This again raises the concern whether any patent would be possible due to your public disclosure.
18. You stated need an issued patent, whenever they begin a quick search on your patent they see that it has lapsed thanks to non-payment of fees and it has been lapsed significantly beyond the due encounter. Making the chances of it being reinstated unlikely.
19. You have a patent, truly was poorly written and doesn’t cover the actual product. (This happens a lot)
20. There is design patent and designing around your patent is a simple task, which means they should be expecting very little protection in the marketplace.
21. Sometimes the company you have approached just doesn’t take a outside ideas and doesn’t publicize that fact. So you get a rejection letter, but won’t matter explain they just do not look away from company.
22. You sent them your product but they have already decided to the line for the year and therefore following year and aren’t open to taking on anything else at period.
23. Sufficiently consider items with a sales history they can review and your item never been in production or sold stores or online. In order that they do not want to go ahead and take risk getting a patent the first company to encourage it.
As I stated above these are just a few for this reasons your event may have your idea/product rejected by a company. Really take period to yourself and understand your market, your invest that market and file a patent seek information part become worse yourself as marketable as possible.